MobLab: A Digital Lab for Teaching Economics
Theme 5 Miscellaneous.
Secondary school seachers.
What is MobLab?
MobLab (https://www.moblab.com/) is an ed-tech company that provides an online platform to run economic games and experiments with your students. Watch our intro video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cdOGE3IWiI
Motivation for the Workshop
Setting up classroom experiments is labor and time intensive, but MobLab can do it easily and quickly for class sizes from a dozen to thousands of students simultaneously. After the experiment, the results, along with detailed graphs and statistics, are immediately available for a smooth Integration into the lecture.
Before the Workshop
We invite you to participate in our global AEEE Ultimatum Game Contest (https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/moblab-manuals/quickstart/ultimatum_strategy.html). RSVP to email@example.com to obtain your login info. The winner will be announced during our workshop and rewarded a EUR 50 Amazon gift card.
• Reviewing the results of the AEEE global Ultimatum Game contest and announcing the winner.
• Participate in two rounds of MobLab’s Double Auction Market Game.
• Reviewing and discussing the game results and their pedagogical value.
• Participate in MobLab's Tragedy of the Commons game.
• We will demonstrate how communication and private property rights can enable groups to overcome the dilemma.
• Q&A for unanswered questions
We are looking forward to seeing you in Freiburg!
Presented by: Nathanael Berger (1, 1) and Si-Yuan Kong
Workshop (75 min)
Downloadable files: 6_5653_MobLab Flyer One Page.pdf